Inside Strategy — Value Creation from Within Your Organization: Become the Strategy Guru for Your Organization
Workshop Investment (cost) $2,495 per attendees until 45 days in advance, then $2,795 per attendee
*This workshop is only available to end users. No consultants, agencies or other safety service providers are permitted to attend.
- 5-9 people = 10% off registration
- 10+ people = 15% off registration
Workshop Leader Shawn M Galloway, CEO
Schedule Day 1: 8:30-16:00 / Day 2: 8:30-15:30, lunch included
*Event venue will be confirmed at least 45 days prior to the workshop.
**See full event schedule for events offered consecutively with this workshop.
Based on the book, Inside Strategy: Value Creation from Within Your Organization, author Shawn M. Galloway leads this advanced two-day workshop that will leave attendees with the competency and confidence to create a strategic roadmap for their organization.
- Recommended: It would be helpful if each attendee read or listened to the book before the event to streamline conversations and expedite the learning process.
Strategy is a plan to achieve success. Most safety efforts are plans to fail less (ie lower incident rates). Failing less is not a strategy. Safety efforts are goals rather than plans to achieve the goals. Goals are also not strategies. Zero accidents, zero harm, or numeric goals for lagging indicators may drive improvement but also might drive cheating or pencil whipping. In either case, they are not strategies. When organizations ask themselves the right questions, they often find they have a series of activities and programs rather than a true strategy. You can change that.
Learn how to leverage the right questions to ask to shape strategy and hear case studies of how otherorganizations have used them to achieve safety performance excellence. Attendees will leave with the confidence to develop a strategy for shaping safety performance and culture within their organization.
- Explore the relationship between business strategy and safety strategy, how focusing on business excellence creates safety excellence, and how focusing on safety excellence can create business excellence.
- Learn how to establish a site-specific or corporate-wide EHS strategy.
- Obtain the ability to create a corporate strategic framework that can be leveraged and customized based on the needs regionally or location by location.
- Discuss how to operationalize the safety strategy so it becomes owned by leaders throughout the company.
- Review in detail the ten questions necessary to answer for a robust strategy that becomes integrated into the business plan, led by operational leadership and supported by safety leaders.
- Determine precisely what to focus on to move from any level of maturity closer to becoming a highly reliable organization.
- Learn the latest thinking on safety excellence and receive strategic and tactical steps to take to improve safety performance and culture.
- Depart with a plan to return to your organization and mature strategic thinking, resulting in continuous improvement efforts that are more value-focused, rather than knee-jerk reactions.
- Discover how to create a balanced scorecard that measures the drivers of performance improvement and the value derived from these drivers, as leading indicators alone are inadequate.
- Leave with tools to ensure the right decision-qualifiers are used to shape strategy and self-assess the efficacy of the current and future safety excellence strategy.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY: We reserve the right to cancel an event up to 30 days in advance, in which case a full refund applies. Attendee may cancel registration up to 60 days prior to an event, in which case a full refund minus 3% administrative fee applies. Cancellations under 60 days to two weeks prior to the event receive a 50% credit for future use. Credits can be used for one full year from original event date for any event, product or subscription purchases. After one year, all credits expire. No refunds or credits apply to cancellations less than two weeks in advance.
Any event cancelled due to Force Majeure will be refunded minus processing fees, or issued as a full credit to be used for attendance at other ProAct Safety public or private events or for copies of published books, whichever the customer chooses.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: This event qualifies for CM or COC credits toward maintaining accreditation. Attendees may request documentation after the course is complete.